Our feet work all day long to keep us moving. The foot's arch propels us forward when walking or running and cushions the impact on the body when our foot hits the ground.
Because our feet are the foundation of all our movement - it makes sense that when they’re in pain or alignment is off - the adverse effects can lead to issues with our legs, hips, abdomen, chest, and even our head!
If arch and foot movement isn’t working optimally to support us, problems arise like:
- Lots of pressure on the plantar - which can lead to plantar fasciitis
- Less shock absorption, which puts more pressure on the body from the legs up
- Overpronation (bending of the foot outward or inward when walking) leads to bunions, heel pain, and more
- Issues with posture and stability
Our arches are the basis of our foot movement, so having a well-functioning support arch is the ultimate shock absorber. The good news is insoles can help!
5 Reasons to use Insoles:
- Foot Pain! Plantar Fasciitis is a common cause of heel pain - most often in people that stand long hours, runners, and those with flat arches. It’s a stabbing pain caused by inflammation of the tissue that runs across the bottom of each foot and connects the heel bone to the toes. Insoles can help by providing cushion, support, and realignment for the foot. They do the same for issues like heel spurs and bunions too. Copper Fit Work Gear Insoles are designed to provide maximum all-day comfort in even the heaviest-duty work. Made with a triple-layer foam footbed, the insole is constructed to give you superior impact absorption and extra heel and arch cushioning for additional comfort and support.
- Your Gait is not Quite Aligned. Do you know if you are a pronator or a supinator? Supination is when your feet roll outward as you walk, and pronator is when your feet roll inward. If you do too much of either - you can have a misalignment in your whole body, which might cause aches and pains from strain on other parts of your body. An easy way to see if you are neutral, a pronator, or a supinator: look at the soles of your shoes. Are they worn out on the outside? You are a supinator. Worn out on the inside - you’re a pronator! If you suspect you might be one or the other - and it’s causing misalignment in your body, try insoles because they support the arch of the foot and the heel - this means a distribution of weight more equally across the foot, which helps to align the foot to a more neutral gait.
- Tired Feet. Long days on your feet don’t mean you have to have tired feet every day. Think of it this way - the more evenly force is distributed across your foot, the more the whole foot takes on the impact. We know that correct alignment keeps the pain away! Insoles help the feet to distribute evenly, which helps with fatigue, and they are also cushioned (think extra shock absorbers!). The Copper Fit® Zen Step insoles are revolutionary and combine stimulating micro-massage with full-length impact-reducing cushioning to massage and soothe with every step. These insoles are designed to deliver all-day energizing comfort in any shoe.
- Preventative Care. For anyone else on their feet all day, ensuring the proper arch support also helps with the foot and back alignment to prevent future issues and aches. They help the feet to retain flexibility too! There’s no reason not to try them - they make every shoe more comfortable! Think “walking on clouds”!
- Extra Support for Athletes. By now, you're probably used to hearing why insoles benefit athletes - arch support, alignment, cushion, and more are just what athletes need. They aren’t just for athletes that run but for other athletes, too - like cyclists that get “hot spots” on their feet. This pain and tingling happen from the pressure on the ball of the foot when peddling. Insoles provide cushion and support that can help. Arch support can also guide proper alignment, which is important because that means proper force on each pedal stroke. Whether working out to the Tracy Anderson Method like Gwyneth Paltrow or walking your dog around the block, cushioned insoles make it feel better - whatever kind of athlete you are!
Copper Fit Tip: Don’t forget to take OUT the insole that comes with your shoes - they easily pull out. Grab your Copper Fit insole and cut it to the size you need, insert it, and you are ready to go!
If you are looking for greater support, happy feet, and less pain, whether you are working out or walking Disneyland, consider the major upside of insoles. Your feet work hard for you - give them the support they deserve!